MedMates is Rhode Island’s life sciences industry group dedicated to galvanizing collaboration between the life sciences companies, hospitals, universities, sources of capital and governmental partners. Our mission is to grow the life sciences economy in RI. We do this by attracting, bringing together and advocating for talent and resources to support the life sciences community throughout southeastern New England. Founded in 2013, MedMates members have deep experience in the fast-changing life sciences fields, ranging from startups to mature companies to everything in between.
Board of Directors
- 2013 — Launch of MedMates
- 2014–2015 — Workshop series for startups with over 600 attendees. “For the Love of Entrepreneurship” event at RISD to support the emergence of RI health-tech startup companies. Over 150 attending, 20 startup presentations to a panel of 5 experts and panel discussion with experienced investors on how to raise capital.
- 2016 — Launched Health & Wellness Business Accelerator Program in partnership with SEG
- 2017 — Held first Life Sciences EXPO with over 300 attending
- 2017 — Collaborated with Social Enterprise Greenhouse on their Health & Wellness Accelerator Program
- 2017 — Partnered with NEMIC
- 2018 — Held second Life Sciences EXPO with over 350 attending
Join our community to connect with professionals and companies throughout southeast New England.