Congratulations to our winners!
- Overall Diversity Champion – Cheryl Burrell , RI Dept of Administration, Office of Diversity, Equity and Opportunity
- Architecture/Construction/Design – Shawmut Design and Construction
- Education – Rhode Island Nurses Institute Middle College
- Financial Services – Bank of America Corp.
- Government – R.I. Judiciary
- Health Care – Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island
- Nonprofit/Social Service Agency – Social Enterprise Greenhouse
- Professional Services – Amica Mutual Insurance Co.
A summit on the topics of diversity and inclusion also will be held at the start of the event at 8 a.m. Attendees will learn from experts (see panelists below) in the field during a discussion of best practices observed by some of the top companies focusing on diversity and inclusion. The awards will be presented to the winners following the panel discussion at 10 a.m.
- Defining Diversity & Inclusion in 2019 and beyond
- The corporate role of Diversity & Inclusion in the current political climate
- Overcoming unconscious bias in the workplace
- Building an inclusive environment through corporate-wide, ongoing initiatives
- Recognizing the connection with innovation and productivity that a diverse workforce can bring
- Developing employee retention programs
- Applying multiple practices and measures to gauge success
- Challenges to employee recruitment
- The value of diversity in leadership roles
- Greg Almieda, Founder & CEO, Global View Communications
- Guillaume Bagal, Lead Diversity & Inclusion Consultant, Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island
- Randy Martinez, Director, Strategic Diversity Management, CVS Health
- Kim Lee, VP of Diversity & Inclusion, IGT
- Juan Lopera, VP/ Marketing, Public Plans & Corporate Business Diversity Officer, Tufts Health Plan